Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Graduation ideas!

I recently went through the graduation ceremony process for my Master of Social Work degree. I don't actually finish class until July but it still felt like a sense of accomplishment! My friends and I decorated our caps for graduation but then didn't know what to do with them. So I thought of using a shadow box to display my cap, hood, and tassel. It turned out fabulous!! I love how my sorority bow peaks out underneath the cap. Now I will remember my accomplishments whenever I look at this shadow box!

Another idea I had for graduation was to give my friends journals to record their first few years in the field. I got this idea from a previous professor in my elementary education program. He stated its important for first year teachers to record their experiences and later reflect on what they have learned. I think this is true for any profession. I found these inspirational journals and used fun glitter stickers to personalize the front. I wrote a cute letter on the inside cover page too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment