Monday, February 4, 2013

Binary "Happy Birthday" Mug!


My future sister-in-law came into town a couple of weekends ago (YIPPY!) and we both happen to be super crafty so she had a great idea to go to Fired Up! a paint your own pottery store! We were so excited. I really think Lauren's turned out better but that's because I'm a little obsessed with Harry Potter!



So, my fiance, Jared, was getting ready to have a birthday and I decided I wanted to make him something nerdy. Lauren suggested to do something with computers and I instantly thought: BINARY CODE! The official language of computers and geeks ;) I googled, "how do you say happy birthday in binary code?" and this is what I got... binary code. I sure hope it's right!

I painted the outside of the mug green and used the letter writing paints to paint on the ones and zeros,to give it that Matrix look. The inside was painted a coffee color (how fitting). Here's how it turned out... Pretty cool huh!? I even painted a cute heart on the inside.

He absolutely loved it. It's a great idea for a gift and there are many binary translators on google, in case you'd like a different message. I can't tell you how accurate the translators are but he didn't seem to notice a mistake!












 Here is a picture of the birthday cake I made him! The polka dots are just M&Ms. How cute is this! Happy 29th birthday Jared <3

No comments:

Post a Comment